Gigi Hadid’s homemade pasta recipe has been revealed and it looks so delicious! The model shared her recipe in the latest issue of Us Weekly and she created the dish while at home in Los Angeles last summer with Yolanda Foster’s son, Anwar Hadid, who shared the news on his Instagram earlier this month.
Preparing your ingredients
Begin by boiling a pot of water. Add salt and 1 tablespoon olive oil to the pot before adding your dry pasta, cover and cook for 8-10 minutes. For this dish, you will need 4 cups of cooked spaghetti noodles. Once ready, drain off any excess water and set aside until needed.
Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a pan over medium heat before adding the chopped onion and garlic. Fry for about 3 minutes or until softened, then add in your cooked spaghetti noodles and chopped tomatoes with their juices along with some freshly ground black pepper to taste. Cook on low-medium heat stirring occasionally until all ingredients are warmed through, approximately 5-7 minutes.
Stir in half a cup of shredded parmesan cheese and season again with salt and pepper if necessary before serving alongside additional parmesan cheese to garnish. The key to this dish is simplicity so use fresh ingredients that have not been preserved in oil. The great thing about Gigi Hadid’s recipe is that it can be enjoyed hot or cold as an easy summer meal too!
Steps to making homemade pasta dough
In a large bowl, mix one egg with two cups of flour. Add some salt and one cup of warm water. Mix with a wooden spoon until a dough forms. If you need to add more water or flour, do so in small increments. You want the dough to be firm but not sticky to the touch.
Knead it for about five minutes on your kitchen counter until it becomes smooth and elastic. Wrap in plastic wrap and let it rest for an hour at room temperature before rolling out as needed. I hope this step-by-step guide will help you make fresh pasta at home. Remember, Gigi, says that using a spaghetti-type noodle is best for this dish, which means thin noodles like angel hair or spaghetti. Enjoy!
Roll the dough out and cut it into shapes
1. Put the flour and salt on a clean work surface. Make a well in the middle and pour in 3 eggs, lightly beaten, and 1⁄4 cup of water.
2. Using your hands, gently incorporate all of these ingredients, gradually adding more water until you have a smooth dough that is not sticky to the touch. Knead for 10 minutes or until it feels elastic to touch, then set aside for 30 minutes covered with cling film or a damp towel so it doesn’t dry out while you prepare the sauce and filling.
3. Boil 1-2 quarts of salted water in a large pot over high heat. 4. Add 5 tablespoons of olive oil to a saute pan over medium-high heat and cook chopped onions for about five minutes until golden brown. Add anchovies and garlic, stirring occasionally for one minute. Add crushed tomatoes and allow the mixture to boil at a moderate speed for ten minutes.
Cook pasta according to package directions (al dente). Drain pasta, reserving some of the cooking liquid if needed. Toss drained spaghetti with tomato sauce until combined thoroughly. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top before serving hot with crusty bread.
Cook in salted boiling water for 2 minutes
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the noodles and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally to keep them from sticking together or clumping on one end of the pot.
- Drain and rinse under cold water until they stop sticking together.
- Combine with your favorite tomato sauce or add fresh herbs if desired, then serve immediately and enjoy!
Serve hot with sauce
You’ll need (per person):
- 1/2 cup water, as needed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or butter for sautéing, as needed.
- 1 tablespoon salt, plus more to taste.
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, plus more to taste.
- 8 ounces spaghetti noodles, broken in half and left uncoated (or any kind of pasta of your choice).
1 egg yolk and a generous splash of cream for mixing with the sauce. Place a large pot of salted water on high heat. Add the olive oil, if using, to the pot when it starts boiling; add the spaghetti noodles and cook until al dente according to package instructions. Reserve some cooking liquid from the pot before draining completely, then transfer the cooked pasta back into it.
Pour in 1/4 cup reserved cooking liquid and use tongs or a fork to coat all pieces of noodles evenly with the liquid. Lower the heat to medium-low, and pour in one egg yolk mixed with a splash of cream. Let it simmer for 2 minutes, whisking occasionally so that you don’t end up with scrambled eggs. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot!
As a lover of all things Italian, I cannot help but be completely smitten with Gigi Hadid’s favorite dish: her mother’s simple pasta. This dish is so simple and yet so rich in flavor, it makes for one of the most delicious and comforting meals I have ever eaten. The best part? You can make this at home any time you want to indulge in a little Italian cuisine.
Hi I’m Bilal Malik, a digital marketing and blogging expert holding years of experience.