If you’re getting tired of ordering takeout every night, then it’s time to try something new. This hibachi fried rice recipe combines the flavors of shrimp, chicken, and vegetables with rice into one delicious dish. It’s ready in 20 minutes and pairs well with your favorite sauce. So, throw out that takeout menu and make this tasty hibachi fried rice recipe at home tonight!
Make it a Meal
This is a dish that can be made with ingredients that you might have in your pantry or fridge. It’s easy to make and doesn’t take long, making it a perfect meal for busy weeknights.
1 tablespoon of olive oil 1/2 cup diced carrots (or shredded)
4 cups cooked rice (leftover or store-bought) 2 eggs beaten with a fork 1 teaspoon salt
1 onion diced (optional) 3 tablespoons soy sauce (or tamari for gluten-free) A splash of sesame oil Black pepper In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the onions in the olive oil until softened. Add the carrots and continue cooking until they are tender but not browned. Add the egg mixture to cover the pan and cook until it sets on top. Turn off the heat and add rice, salt, soy sauce (or tamari), pepper, and sesame oil if desired. Stir fry together until heated through and serve immediately!
-1 cup of uncooked rice
-2 cups of water
-2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
-1/4 teaspoon of salt
-4 cloves garlic, minced
-3 green onions, sliced into 2-inch pieces. Add the rice to a pot and add enough water to cover the rice. Bring it to a boil and let it simmer for about 10 minutes or until most of the liquid has been absorbed by the rice. Add in some vegetables such as peas, corn, carrots, and chopped-up mushrooms if you like them too! Let that cook for 5 minutes more before adding in the soy sauce, vinegar, and sugar with one tablespoon each (you can adjust those amounts according to your taste).
Stir that all together before adding the fried eggs on top with scallions on top as well. It’s ready when all ingredients are thoroughly cooked through but still moist. You could also add some beef and pork just make sure not to overcook them so they stay tender. So I’m sure you’re wondering what this recipe tastes like. Well, I have a surprise for you…I think this is one of my favorite recipes ever!
- Prep the rice by cooking it in a rice cooker or on the stovetop.
- In a large skillet, cook the carrots and onions in oil until they are tender and starting to brown. Add in garlic, ginger, soy sauce, sesame oil, and Sriracha (or any other favorite hot sauce). Stir well to combine.
- Add cooked chicken (or shrimp) and frozen peas to the skillet with vegetables and stir to combine again.
- Add the cooked rice to the skillet with veggies and stir. Cook for a few minutes more, stirring occasionally, so that everything is heated through. Serve warm.
- If you want your fried rice spicy, add some chili pepper flakes when you’re adding in the soy sauce and Sriracha!
Tips & Tricks
1. Cook rice according to package instructions.
2. Drain and rinse the rice with cold water to stop it from cooking anymore and make it easier to handle.
3. Combine sesame oil, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and pepper flakes (optional) in a bowl and mix well. Set aside for use later in the recipe.
4. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add vegetable oil or peanut oil; once shimmering, add egg and cook until cooked through (about 2 minutes). Remove from skillet and set aside on a plate covered with paper towel or foil to absorb excess grease. Add garlic and fry for 30 seconds before adding onion, carrots, peas, and red bell pepper.
Stir fry vegetables for 5 minutes before adding mushrooms, zucchini squash, and snow peas. Stir fry another 5 minutes before adding cooked rice; sprinkle with oyster sauce if desired. Pour in the reserved soy mixture and stir fry until heated through (3-5 more minutes). Add crispy eggs back into the skillet and stir fry briefly before removing from heat. Serve while hot!
This recipe for hibachi fried rice is a great one to try out. It is filled with flavor and is easy to make. The ingredients are also very affordable, which makes it perfect for those looking to save money on food. If you’re interested in trying this dish out, be sure to follow the instructions and enjoy!
Hi I’m Bilal Malik, a digital marketing and blogging expert holding years of experience.